Make your webinar more effective...
Webinar Games Increase Attention and Engagement
How do you engage people's full attention in a webinar? It's tough. Your audience is surrounded by their usual distractions and interruptions. And they are not subject to the usual social norms of being in an audience that prompt people to pay attention.
We have found that games for webinars are a fun way to win people's engagement and reinforce your message.
How do webinar games work?
Trivia quiz formats are a popular tool. But instead of trivia questions, the game presents questions about your topic. So every question becomes a memorable way for you to reinforce your points.
How to use a quiz game in your webinar:
- Get Game Show Presenter software, which creates fun, TV-style game shows that use your questions.
- For game setup, choose 1 player. This way, your entire webinar audience is like a single team working to answer the game questions. And you eliminate the need for any kind of game show buzzers.
- Using GoToMeetings or a similar screensharing webinar tool, share your screen as you play the game show for your webinar audience.
- Here are two different ideas for how people can interact with the webinar game:
A) You could tell all your participants to type their quiz answer into the chat feature of your webinar software. This way many people can respond to every question. The chat response has the extra benefit that most webinar programs let you save the chat session, so you have a written record of who gave what answer.
B) For a different way to handle response to the game, you call on different individuals in your audience to answer various questions. This creates a little more tension for people in the audience because they could be called upon at any time, but that bit of pressure is sure to motivate them to pay more attention. You can make this method even more fun by setting up your questions in a "Categories" style game board, like "Jeopardy." That way, you can call on individuals and let them choose the category of the question they get to answer. This makes the game even more interactive.
- How do you input the audience answers? If a participant gives a correct answer, press the "r" key in the game show software. If the participant gives a wrong answer, type the "w" key in the game show program. (For multiple choice questions, you can also type in the key for the answer chosen: "a" through "e".
- Give your participants an incentive: If your players are responding to the game questions through the chat system in your meeting software, then you'll have a record of everyone's answers to the game. So an easy way to motivate people's involvement and attention is to say, for everyone who answers at least 1 question correctly, you will offer them some kind of reward. The reward or prize is completely up to you! If you are doing a webinar for marketing purposes, the reward can be a discount or premium item related to your marketing goal.
Make it fun to pay attention!
Make your next webinar a hit with Game Show Presenter